Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I MISS HAWAII SOOOOOO MUCH!

Ok I really honestly never thought I would miss Hawaii as much as I do! I MISS IT SO MUCH! Some days it makes me CRAZY!



I miss our friends,


the ocean and the beach


the warm weather


the dollor movie theater


the shopping


OUR WARD


BBQ on the beach


our young couples get togethers


warm rain


Good resturants


Island Hopping!!!! I miss Kauai the most!



Although, I do NOT miss the cockroaches


the humidity


our CRAPY and tiny 1 bedroom apartment


our CRAPY car


food being so dang expenisve...i bought a head of lettuce for .88 today! Not $4 in Hawaii!!!


Island fever


Traffic from 2-7


No airconditioning


Crapy walmart furniture!


Our tiny full size bed


the poop smell on Kapiolani and twards the airport



Really I just miss all of our friends, it is soooo hard moving somewhere new when you know no one! We are having a really hard time here with friends, it seems that we don't click with anyone...OK really I am just feeling depressed and it has A LOT to do with being pregnant and sick all the time! But I know that if I was Hawaii I would have so much support and love from everyone so...PITTY PARTY FOR ME (HAHAHA!) I just want everyone from Hawaii to know how much you have impacted our lives for the good. You have all made us feel so wanted and needed and we really appreciated that! We miss you all and hopefully we can get back out there to see everyone soon! Here are a few pics I took of our BELOVED Island the weekend before we moved! I LOVE YOU OAHU!









5 comments:

The Barney's said...

gorgeous pictures!! i know exactly how you feel. we moved here to boise end of july and we still dont have what you would call "friends". a few people at church are nice but no one that has invited us to do anything. i guess thats ok right now cause we dont have time to hang out. i am lucky in one way- 2 friends from spokane also moved here but both live at least a 1/2 hour away and up to 50 mins in rush hour. i totally understand. sorry you are so sick. hopefully it will get better soon!! lori barney

Heather B said...

Oh, we miss you too! That's a great list of all the good/bad things about Hawaii. If we move (which we might) then those are all the things that we'll miss (and not miss) too. Sorry to hear about the "friends" situation...I'm afraid of the same thing. The McCully ward/friends are hard to beat.

becca olsen said...

Ashley, thanks for that list.. since it's the holiday season i've really been missing Canada-missing snow, wearing sweaters, drinking hot chocolate and seeing christmas lights but that list made me realize i would miss it here too! I guess it's true you always want what you don't have! I'm really trying to enjoy it while we are here... the amazing friends we've made makes it easier to be so far from home! We love and miss you guys!!

HeatherB said...

Oh we miss Hawaii too! Grace can not stop talking about it. She keeps telling me. "We can find Honolula mommy just get on a plane." I don't know why she is so homesick for Hawaii lately, but she is making me miss it a lot!

Anonymous said...

c'mon back and move in with us. no reason all seven of us can't fit comfortably in our 600sf two bedroom apartment, right? seriously though, just move back already.