Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oh the Joys of a New House!

Hello my friends! It feels like I haven't seen you all for so long! Well for some of you that is true! Oh where do I begin...The beginning of the move went GREAT the storage shed wasn't nearly as bad as we had expected...thank heavens and we had a really good friend help us load it in the uhaul and it only took 3 hrs...I imagined it taking days! The drive down went smooth, we drove half way on the 2oth and got to Redding on the 21st. Everyone was happy, no melt downs and the drive really flew by! My father drove the uhaul, Brian drove his truck and My mother, Chloe and I rode in my new car! :) No car problems or anything and the drive was BEAUTIFUL!!!

So we get here on the 21st and find out that...

1. There is no electric hooked up

2. The gas for the water heater is not hooked up

3. We have wet carpets, which they cleaned that morning

AHHHHH...I was totally freaking out...so we call the utilitie companies and the electirc, water and sewer were turned on in a couple hours, wheew!

Then the gas company tells us they can't turn it on that day that they might get to it sat if not monday. GREAT NO HOT WATER. Which means no showers! Luckly my grandmother lives here so we can shower at her house. So sunday morning we wake up get a few things done, brian uses the restroom, flushes and the sewer backs up into the showers!! AHHHHHHH can I SCREAM! At this point I am in tears just had it, I have CRAP literally crap in my showers NO HOT WATER to clean them out and I am pissed!!!! So we call the rental company and they send out a Plumber who fixes the problem in less than an hour, we have a beautiful Oak tree in our frount yard and the roots had grown through the piping so he ground them out and said it should be good for 6 mos...but I still had crap in the showers and NO HOT WATER. So monday I go into the rental company in TEARS and plead my case and thank heavens they give me my rent back for September $600 which is half the months rent that I paid. And promise to fix everything! AHHHHH so Tuesday rolls a round and finally the gas gets turned on and the cleaning ladie comes and cleans my shower! HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!!!

So, now that everything is working I am feeling much happier about the situation, the house is HUGE and I LOVE IT!! Chloe and Brian are both loving it. Having all of our nice things back makes me so greatful! On sunday when the sewer backed up I said I wish I had a Cockroach problem instead then it was fixed in an hour and I changed my mind! A few things had to go wrong becasue everything was going way too smooth! So I am so greatful for all that I have, and not being in my one bedroom apartment anymore!!! We have been so BLESSED and count our blessings every night!! 1,600 sq feet is a mansion compared to what we had! I LOVE THIS HOUSE! It is perfect for us and we are all enjoying it very much...Especailly Brian he went out and bought a new TV as you will see in the pics and he is in HEAVEN...even though I yelled at him for spending so much money...I have to say I love it to although I wouldn't admit that to him...so enjoy the pictures and I hope you all come to visit soon! We LOVE YOU ALL and miss you so much!



This is the Family room...I LOVE my new couch it is Espresso leather in the frame and Beige Microfiber Cushions!!!! BEAUTIFUL!






Brians HUGE TV it is 55 inch LCD Sony! YEAH BABY!





This is the Island in the Kitchen and from the Kitchen you can see into both the Family room and the living room...its really open!





The Kitchen is HUGE! I can't believe I have such a big kitchen I can finally cook again!


This is the living room, bad picture but it has a fireplace on the left and is quite cozy I can't wait to sit there in the winter and read a book! YEAH!



Guest Bedroom...Queen bed...for all those of you who ARE comming to visit!



Main Bathroom...pretty big and really nice.



Chloe's room which is not finished at all yet...I am painting her bed black and roughing them up to look old and worn and I am using the red comforters to look rustic...It will come in good time! Her closet is so large that we made it into a play house. Her clothes are in the guest room. She has her kitchen and a beautiful table and bench that my grandfather made for me in there and it is darling she loves it!


So...for all of you who know that Black is my favorite color I found this BEAUTIFUL bedspread...I LOVE IT...it looks so nice in the masterbed room with the green walls I REALLY LOVE IT...this is a portion of how large the room is it was just too messy to show you all...maybe later when the clothes are hung and it is clean I'll post a new pic.


And here is the master bath...HUGE...we love it and the shower is great the head on it is tall and you don't have to scrouch down to wash your hair...EXCELLENT! And again we went with the balck and white theme to match the bedroom!

So this our house, hope you all are jelious by now...JUST KIDDING! I hope you all Love it so much that you want to come and visit! LOVE YOU SEE YOU ALL SOON!

~MUAH~!!!

6 comments:

Heather B said...

Ok, MANSION is right! IT's sooooooooo nice, my heart is bursting with happiness for you (and hope for our future too, haha.) Sooo sorry to hear about the crap in your shower, but way to use those tears to get some money back and get it fixed. Well, I can't wait to come visit someday. Love ya. Love the house so much. SO MUCH!

becca olsen said...

Wow! I love your house.. i must say i was a tad green in the face when i realized our whole place is probably the size of your guest room!!! one day.. !! All the more reasons to visit! I'm glad everything finally worked out for you guys! We miss you guys!

Mel said...

GREEN WITH ENVY!!! I love your chair and a half....and everything else. I miss you so much. Maybe the kids and I will take a road trip to visit you after the New Year. Sorry to hear about all of the drama, what's a move without it though, eh? Love you!

Margaret Vance said...

Ashley!!! I MISS YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! I'm so glad you put up pictures of you GORGEOUS GORGEOUS house. Wow! You really did some great work on it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your couch! Man, I am definitely going to come and visit you. I'll be e-mailing you soon! love you lots!

Anonymous said...

NICE!! Im so happy for u guys. Im going to try to make a plan to come down sometime next summer. your house is to die for!! I love the family room. Go Chunk nice tv!!! With every move there has to be some kind of problem, yours seemed to even out just fine. Good luck to you guys We love you very much!! Lacy,Conner,Theresa,Russ and Nicci

The Barney's said...

ok so i absolutely love your black and white comforter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where is it from???? Your house is so cute. I love wainescoating (in your bathroom)! It will be in my house someday. (We're in a 3bd/2bth rental until next fall and plan on buying when we know the area a bit better here in boise.)