Tuesday, March 3, 2009

February Activities!



Go figure...it once again has been about a month since I have blogged. It seems like I don't have anything to Blog about!!!!! It is so funny, I have read so many other Blogs and it seems like everyone is in a rut!!! I think it is this dang winter that wont go away!!!! Anyways...here are the few highlights from February! I took some really cute pictures of the kids on Valentines days...They are getting so BIG! I can hardly stand it! I have cut Korbin's hair 4 times already. It grows so fast!




I love his smile....it melts my heart!






Chloe is so Beautiful and so sweet. Her teacher is always telling me how sweet and kind Chloe is at school...it makes me feel so good to know at least I did one thing right. She behaves at school!!!!

Chloe's First Basketball Game
Chloe had her first Basketball game in February~! She LOVES it so much. I cant quite says she is good (Because she is NOT) But it is her first year and she is learning so much and has improved so much already. She LOVES it. She also played up a grade this year to be on the same team as two of the girls in our ward that are in 1st grade. So I think it has been good for her to get the hang of things and we will work on it this summer when we have nice weather and I think she will do much better next year! It has been really frustrating though, since I played Basketball and was good at it, I don't have the patients to watch her mess up and not understand what is going on...then I remind myself, she is 5 and this is her first year!~ LOL!!! It has been fun watching her learn and grow though!

That's her #4~!!


READING!



So, since Chloe is half way through Kindergarten they have been working really hard on the educational requirement. Reading, math...you know the usual. So they have been testing the kids on different things. And one of the test is sight recognition of words. Chloe has totally NOT CAUGHT ON TO THIS YET...I have been getting so frustrated. We work with her on her list of word and 10 Min's later she cant remember ANY of them! It makes me CRAZY. Then...all of a sudden last week IT CLICKED!!!! She is able to read most of her kindergarten sentences without help. She passed her 1st sight recognition test (that she has previously FAILED twice) and is really excited (most of the time) to sit down and practice reading! We are so proud of her! Her teacher kept telling me to be patient and when it clicked it would click! So We are so proud of her for just being persistent and figuring it out! Now...math on the other hand! I think she will be like her mom and NEVER GET IT! She is having the toughest time with it and it hasn't clicked yet. The whole adding and subtracting of numbers she totally doesn't get unless she has object in front of her to help her like money or toothpicks or something. Maybe one day she will catch on!


KITCHEN


The Kitchen is almost done and when it is I will take pictures. The cabinet doors get here tomorrow!!! WOOHOO!!!! Can't wait! Will post pictures when we get them on!
NEW CALLINGS!!!!
Well Brian and I both received callings in January actually I just forgot to Blog about it~! We are really, really excited and really enjoying them. I am the the Mia Maid advisor which I am just loving teaching my girls. I actually have my little 14 year old sister in there with me and it is just so exciting!!!! Teaching those lessons to those sweet girls has strengthened my testimony so much!!!!!!
Brian is the new Asst. Scout Master, and a supervisor over the Young Men, since there always has to be two men teachers in each class room he kinda goes to which ever class he is needed in on sundays. He LOVES it. It is right where he should be. He is so good with those Boys. He is mostly with the teachers and knows them all through my little sister! And they LOVE him. They joke with him and really look up to him. This is going to be an amazing experience for him!
So yeah, Callings are good!!!!!



Hopefully it wont be too long before I blog again. Chloes Birthday is comming up on the 15th, so finally I will have something else to blog about!!!!!!





5 comments:

Margaret Vance said...

Korbin is soooooo dang cute!!! He has your amazing smile. That's awesome that Brian's the asst. scoutmaster... so is Simeon :).... They'll have to exchange scoutmastering skills.. ha!

HeatherB said...

What sweet kids. They are beginning to look a lot alike I think. Something about their eyes maybe? Sounds like you guys are having a great month. I have been working with Grace on the alphabet, and same thing. I was getting so frustrated and then all of the sudden it just seemed to click with her. Patience! It is so hard to remember that. Your callings sound perfect for you guys. We miss you!

Wendi and Eric said...

Your kids are so adorable!

I totally can understand your frustrations with the reading and math thing. Connor went through the same thing; from having no clue, wondering if he would ever get it, to randomly getting it. You just can't make it happen for them. And oh, how I wish I could have. Poor kid. Believe me this will be a reoccurring theme!!!!

Those YW/YM are a lucky bunch to get you guys as leaders. What a fun time!

And, I can't wait to see your kitchen....

Mel said...

You are both perfect for the YM/YW. I bet those girls just want to be as beautiful and fashionable as you are. You must be a fun teacher too. I'd like to sit in on your class.

I can't wait to see the pictures of the kitchen!

Heather B said...

Oh, that smile melts my heart too. What a cutie! And cute little #4, that's great about her reading too. And your callings! Wow! And can't wait to see your cabinets. What do you mean you don't have anything to blog about? That's a lot! Yeah!