Saturday, November 17, 2007

Merry Thanksmas!

So for Christmas this year I decided to get creative...since I have been having fun with my creative side the last few months. My In-Laws have everything they could possibly want and if they don't have it they can just go to the store and buy it! So buying them presents this year has been tough...and I have had to do it sooner than usual since we are having Thanksmas with them this year...(Thanksgiving and Christmas all in the same weekend since we are going to My parents for Real Christmas) So...My In-Laws LOVE their garden so I though...why not make them some bird houses for their garden so Chloe and I went to Michaels to buy some premade bird houses to paint and decorate! While we were there we found some wooden ornaments and I got some of those so we could make them some ornaments as well. I think it all turned out GREAT and with supplys and paint it only cost $42 for everything in all the pics! Pretty darn good! So tell me what you think, did they turn out? I can't tell if I just love them cuz I put 6 hrs into all of it or if they do look cute! Chloe helped out soooo much...she helped paint EVERY single item....I was really proud of her!
So this is Chloe's PINK Bird feeder! With Princess jewels on it...(BARF) I let her choose the color and the decorations she wanted to use since it is HER present! We'll see how the birds like it! HAHAHA
And this is my bird house. I had soooo much fun making this...Brian said I should make them and sell them but it took too long to make...like 3-4 hrs and it was exausting but I think it turned out Great!
Santa I pretty much did other than Chloe painting it ALL white first...yeah she got outa control after painting the snowman white and decided all the ornaments needed to be painted white!

This is "Roodle" as Chloe would say...she for some reason can't say Rudolf...it is soooo funny!
Chloe was soooo funny she insisted on putting glitter on the star because she says "All stars shine mom!" Duh...how would I not know that!
We did a Lady bug because as you all know, we call Chloe...Chloe Bugs, and for her first birthday we did a lady bug theme with lady bugs candle and all...so we all kinda associate lady bugs with Chloe!
And these are My In-Laws as Snowman...Frank is on the left and Jan on the right...and they even have REAL branches for arms!


Just another snowman!

So, in all it was a fun, fun day with Chloe and I know that these presents will mean more than any of the other store bought presents that I got fot them! Plus it was really fun doing it with Chloe and letting her use her creative side!

2 comments:

Heather B said...

WOW! They all turned out sooooooooo cute! You totally could sell them, with those SKILLZ! Good job to Chloe too. And you're right, they will LOVE The gifts from the heart. What a great idea.

HeatherB said...

I love those! They are all so great. You really should look into craft fairs. You are so darn creative. First it was the jewelry and now all this painting...I love it. Tell Chloe she did a great job. Her birdhouse looks just like a kind that Grace would dream up...all pink and sparkly!