Monday, August 4, 2008

Korbin's Blessing!

So yesterday was Korbins Blessing. Some of my family from Boise came up this week to participate in the Blessing. It has been such a wonderful week having my Grandparents(my fathers), Aunt, Uncle and cousins here. We have been boating and just enjoying each others company. My father blessed Korbin while my Grandfather and two of our friends joined in the circle. It was such a precious blessing. My father is in tune with the spirit and his blessings are always so touching and feel directed right at you. During sacrament meeting my Grandfather got up and bore his testimony and it was sooooo touching. He spoke about the feeling of blessing his great-grandson and how touched he was by the opportunity to do so. He expressed love for Brian in our family and about families in general and just touched me to hear his testimony especially since we dont know how much longer he will be around. I was so moved that I even got up and bore my testimony...yeah guys...1st time since I was 16...yeah 9 years ago....And as usual I cried through the entire thing. But it was so wonderful to be able to express my testimony to my family while they were all here. In all a very spiritual and moving sacrament meeting.
Arent they so sweet!

My Family
My Parents and Korbin!
My Family visiting from Boise

Our cute little Munchkin!

Chubba Bubba!!!

I just LOVED his blessing outfit...it was a white shirt and linen overalls! TOO CUTE!

I LOVE this picture of my Grandparents. They just adored Korbin and it was so precious. I love my Grandparents so much and dont have any clue what I would do with out them!

8 comments:

Randi said...

I loved your testimony, Ashley. I can't bare my testimony - because I do the ugly cry. I loved your grandpas too. Such a sweet man. I love old grandpas. Great pictures of Korbin in his blessing outfit too.

Sorry I haven't called you back yet. It's been a crazy weekend. I am willing to try to photoshop you & Korbin - but I am not a great photoshopper... :) email me and we can figure out when and how
randi@brunts.org

talk to you soon.

becca olsen said...

Ashley! Korbin is such a cutie! I still can't believe how fast they grow! I'm so happy that his blessing day was beautiful. You guys are a great family and we miss you guys here in hawaii!

Miranda said...

Korbin is darling! So stinkin' cute!!!

Heather B said...

Okay, FIRST of all, LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout. Second, that top picture of Korbin is like the cutest ever. His smile just reminds me of Chloe so much. He is darling. Third, I can't get over how young your parents look. Fourth, You look great. Fifth, that's RAD that you bore your testimony!! Go girl!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big he looks and I just saw him last week!! He is soooo cute. Love the chubs!! :)

HeatherB said...

I LOVE Korbin's blessing outfit. He is so stinkin cute!! Way to go bearing your testimony. I haven't done that in ages either. I wish I would have been there to hear it :)

The Wright Stuff said...

Um, someone just stole my comment... I think his blessing outfit is the cutest baby boy outfit I've ever seen! Sooo adorable!

Grandma C said...

Your kids are adorable. I just connected from Cherie or Lesley's blog. Tell Gram Jani hi! We are still on our mission in Wyoming!