Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh the JOYS of Surgery

So yesterday at 5:30 AM, I had a long awaited surgery planned! YIPPY! I have had a Hernia since I gave birth to Chloe...so 5 years. And it has been bothering me really bad the last 2 years. I cant do sit ups or scream really loud without it pooping out. So for any of you who dont know what a Hernia is...it is when the intestines make a hole through your ab walls. So to fix it they make a 3 inch incision and push the intestines back in place and sew your abs up! Yeah sound like fun huh? Especially 4 weeks after having a baby! But I only have insurance for 6 weeks after I had Korbin so I had to get it done! So yesterday was the dreaded day...but it went incredibly well. The surgeon said it was a good thing I got it done because the hole in my abs was about 4 inches big. Yeah LOVELY! So now I am recovering and I feel like CRAP...worse than labor...my stomch hurts so bad...oh by the way it is 3 inches above my belly button. So I cant really sit up or satnd up without it hurting really bad. They said it will take at least 2 weeks to heal. And I cant lift anything heavier than 10 pounds for 6 weeks...so Korbin had better not gain too much weight in the next 6 weeks...or I cant hold him...But it all went well and I am on my way to feeling MUCH BETTER!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh it’s a good thing that you got that fixed, I have seen what they look like when you let them go...it’s not good!!!! I always found that after surgeries heat on my stomach felt really really good. Plus make sure that if you have to cough to cover your stomach with a pillow first or a folded blanket to use as a splint or for any other strenuous activity like sitting up. You don't to pop anything open!!!! Glad to hear that things are healing up good!!! Hope you get back to regular life soon!!!! That post about your husband is soooo sweet!!!!!

Heather B said...

Oh, honey, I am sorry to hear that, (OWWWWWWWW) but so glad you got it fixed, HECK YEAH take advantage of that insurance in every way possible!! Heal up girl, love ya.

Amy said...

So next week when you leave your moms I am taking Chloe for the day for you she is so sweet and her and Haylee play so well togther hope you get to feeling better!